The Official Center for Higher Studies Barreira Arte + Diseño is a center specialized in artistic education with more than 60 years of experience in training. The center was a pioneer in the Spanish territory in 1957 when Vicente Barreira founded the first private art and design school in the Valencian Community and one of the first in Spain, where thousands of designers have passed through its classrooms.
- Mission: The mission of Barreira Arte + Diseño is the training from the excellence of professionals in applied arts, with special focus on the development of skills related to art and design, creating multidisciplinary and highly prepared students, with absolute respect for sustainability and respect for people. “We are an educational center. We believe in a future where imagination and effort make us be the first in creative education, and from that point of view tackle the great challenges of a world in constant change. “
- Vision: We aim to be the reference school for the teaching of art and design in Spain, in all educational stages, from training cycles to postgraduate courses, creating top-level professionals who can work anywhere in the world. Our ambition is to export our model outside our regional scope. “Fascinate our students and favor an environment where they can reach their maximum creativity. Inspiring them and offering them new knowledge and skills based on tradition, innovation, research and their own creative developments. “
- Values: Our values are the following:Commitment to teaching innovation and continuous learning. Offer resources and create initiatives that improve the quality of teaching and add value to Barreira A + D’s programs and teachers.Respect for people. Our team shapes a critical context and builds a framework where diversity, inclusivity, creativity and effort come together, generating a free spirit, a B + BE MORE spirit.
Respect for sustainability and social responsibility. We defend the values of sustainability, solidarity and social justice, and through our teachings and research we collaborate to achieve a better and fairer planet.
Ethical behavior in all activities and relationships in which Barreira A + D intervenes will be within the ethical framework defined by the center with complete respect for legal and internal regulations aimed at guaranteeing equal opportunities.
Commitment to quality and excellence. Barreira A + D is committed to publicizing the quality policy and ensuring its application in the fields.
Innovation and new technologies.
- Damià Jordà – Chair of the Organizing Committee, PhD in Research and Art Production. Barreira A+D (Spain)
- José Ramón Alcalá – Professor of Art and New Media, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spain)
- Lola Dopico – Fashion Studies Director, Universidad de Vigo (Spain)
- Lily Diaz-Kommonen – Professor of New Media and Head of Research, Aalto University (Finland)
- Kristi Kuusk – Designer/Researcher and Associate Professor in Textile Futures, Estonian Academy of Arts (Estonia)
- Marta Perlado Lamo de Espinosa – Dean of Arts and Communication Faculty, Universidad Nebrija (Spain)
- Javier Ortega – PhD Researcher and Assistant Professor, Universitat de València (Spain)
- Mario-Paul Martínez – Professor in Communication Studies, Universidad Miguel Hernández (Spain)
- Tatiana Travisani – Professor in Universidade Anhembi Morumbi (Brazil)
- André Ricardo do Nascimento – Professor in Universidade Anhembi Morumbi (Brazil)
- Héctor Serrano – Product Designer, Owner of Hector Serrano Studio (Spain)
- Carmen Baselga – Art Director, Owner of Carmen Baselga_Taller de Proyectos (Spain)
- Zoe Romano – Craftivist, Digital Strategist and lecturer, founder of WeMake Makerspace (Italy)
- David Barberá – Associate Professor of Innovation and KnowledgeManagement Institute, Universidad Politécnica de València (Spain)
- Julia Lewandowska – Assistant Professor Faculty of “Artes Liberales”, University of Warsaw (Poland)