We are aware that, as Klaus Schwab states, in the fourth stage of the industrial revolution, creative work becomes a fundamental part of our social and economic gear. Creativity, in general, and trades and industries connected with the concept of design in particular, therefore, must not only assume the challenges of our time, but also respond to this century global challenges.
After more than 50 years training designers and developing transformative methodologies in the creative field, for the first time Barreira Arte + Diseño invites designers, researchers, thinkers, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and scientists to meet for two days in a forum that aims to bridge the gap, share ideas and respond to these challenges by presenting communications at the I International Creativity and Innovation in Design conference, under the motto “Design Challenges”.
Proposed thematic areas
- Design Pedagogy
- Educational innovation in artistic matters
- Studies on design and society
- Critical theory of design and art
- Design semiotics
- Creative trades and new technologies
- Design, sustainability and social responsibility
- Entrepreneurial experiences in the field of art and design
Participation rules and key dates
- Academics and professionals who wish to participate with a paper should send a summary to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is June 7th, 2020. The document must include the title of the contribution, the author or authors, keywords and an abstract of no more than 600 words. Poster presentation is not contemplated.
- The official languages of the conference will be Spanish and English. Both written documents and oral presentations must be made in one of these two languages.
- The acceptance of the submitted papers will be resolved and communicated to the candidates before June 30th, 2020 and will be individually notified to each candidate. The selection criteria of the contributions will be based on the proposed thematic areas’ adaptation, the innovative character, the clarity of writing, the ethical and scientific rigor, as well as this bases’ adaptation.
- If the paper is accepted, the contributor must pay a registration fee of € 80 within a period of 30 (July 30th,2020) days following the instructions that will be sent to them by email. The fee includes:
- Presentation of the paper in the conference.
- Certificate of contribution and assistance.
- Academic publication with ISBN in electronic book format.
- Closing cocktail invitation.
- The footage to be screened at the conference during the contributions (slides, images, videos, etc.) must be sent before the conference dates. The delivery deadline for these materials is September 3rd, 2020.
- The conference will be held on September 10th and 11th, 2020 at Barreira Arte & Diseño headquarters. The order of reading, the schedules and the parallel activities will be communicated along with a program’s publication that will be revealed well in advance. The reading of each contribution during the conference should not exceed 15 minutes, and it can be done in Spanish or English.
- The deadline to send the final texts for their evaluation and publication in the minutes is September 20th, 2020. These texts will adjust to the detailed rules in the following section. Selected texts must be original and unpublished, and not await acceptance by other means. Any shipment that does not meet these requirements cannot be considered for evaluation in the scientific program.
- The Scientific Committee, assisted by double-blind peer review, will propose the selection of approved contributions for the conference and for its publication in the minutes. The conference’ minutes, including all the final texts of the presented papers, will be published in digital format with ISBN on December 2020.
Submission rules for written papers
To issue the conference minutes in electronic book format with ISBN, the available linked Word template must be strictly used. The template shows details regarding typographic norms, citation system, bibliographic references, etc.
Papers that do not fit the template will be rejected. Papers may not exceed 5,000 words (including footnotes and final bibliographic references).
A maximum of 4 images (including figures, graphics, etc.) will be accepted in each of the written papers. To facilitate possible corrections in the design and layout of the publication, in addition to the Word template, they must be also attached separately in the same email.